Summit Velo is a USAC road racing Club. We are somewhat unique in that we define our Club not only by our members racing but in giving equal status to non racers who help support racing by their contribution to putting on races and in supporting the Arizona racing community. We have members who race a lot, some who race every once in while, and some who never race. But all of our Team members are expected to support racing and this can be accomplished by racing, working to help put on events, or some combination of the two.
The Board is constantly evaluating our membership policies in order to keep them in line with the goals of our club and to ensure the long term viability of the Club. The Board also believes strongly that an important component of being on a Team is a sense of belonging to the group which is expressed by contributing to the work of the Team.
With this in mind, we are announcing some changes in our membership policies and dues structure. We believe these changes will promote both the long term viability of the Club and improve the equity in the way members contribute to the Club’s success.
The heart of our Club and how we are able to put on our events and fulfill our mission of supporting racing in Arizona is through our Team members. All members who hold an annual USAC license must list Summit Velo as their Road Team. And all Team members are expected to fulfill the obligations which are shown below:
• Summit Velo Team Member Yearly Commitment
– Membership Dues: $50
• Free Team Kit: Bib shorts & Jersey, Pactimo Ascent line
– Volunteer support at a minimum of 2 of Summit Velo Races
– If obtaining an Annual USA Cycling license:
• Select primary discipline as “Road”
• List Summit Velo as both your Club and Road Team
– Wear Team Kit while racing and whenever possible while riding
• Current Team Member Benefits:
– Team Kit (over $200 value) is provided free with membership
– USAC Sanctioned Race fee rebate. $100 max. (After-season refund when member
– Free Food at monthly social nights, and other events (Spouse/guests also invited)
– Coaching discount from the SV Team’s Power Certified Coach (Rob Fleckenstein)
– Discount at Team Bike Shop; Sabino Bikes -10% off
– Discount at team’s sponsor Fitworks – Fitting or other services -20% off
– New members receive (2) Summit Velo Water Bottles (2) and Custom Team Socks
– Special kits, jerseys or other items for exemplary race performance and/or service
to team may be awarded by the Summit Velo Board
Going forward, any Team member who is unable to fulfill their obligations of membership during a season will be suspended for the following season. As there may be special circumstances, any suspended member can appeal their suspension to the Board. The purpose of this policy is not to punish members but rather to assure that the Club can accomplish its goals in an equitable manner among its members.
Dues may be sent to our Postal mail address.
P. O. Box 31514
Tucson, AZ 85751